Friday 13 July 2018

Hello There!




Now you've found me, I think I better tell you a little about myself & lets hope we can be friends!

I'm in my early thirties, northern, recently single with a bonkers family and a small circle of incredible friends. My life has been turned upside down recently, so I'm doing my best to find some normality. 

I started writing as a bit of fun alongside my day job, but it soon turned into something extra & I started writing a few pieces for industry magazines. Now I'm lucky enough to earn a small part of my living through putting my thoughts into words. 

My writing style is chatty, honest, open, with a tendency to over share. So I apologise for any cringey, toe curling future posts. I'm only human!

I'm super honest, which gets me into trouble. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I'm the most impulsive person I know. This has been an asset in my career as these intuitive leaps (makes it sound like I've given things some thought *I haven't) have all paid off. Unfortunately, the impulsive nature in other parts of my life has burned my fingers & heart a few times. 

I love to travel, explore new places & I'll happily learn new things if I can. I love a good view and will stand & snap away with my camera. 

My life motto is it's nice to be nice. Why would you want to be anything but?? Life's hard enough as it is, right?? I love a bit of PMA (that's positive mental attitude for those now pulling this face šŸ¤”) and try to apply this to my day...... 

I'm into fitness, but mainly as I've inherited the fat gene. I've struggled with my weight from birth & have swung from overweight to eating disorder skinny. I'm striving for the perfect body, which I'm starting to learn just means being happy in my own skin. I'm slowing realising there needs to be a balance between eating the pizza and wanting to fit into my jeans.

I live for a new item in my wardrobe & shopping is true therapy for me. I shop more than I should but the high street is a friend to me! 

My makeup bag is my biggest life saver and I wouldn't dream of leaving the house without my mask. I trained as a MUA as something extra to do when I was younger, way before it was fashionable and everyone learned about contouring. I have a few beauty secrets I'm willing to share and hero products I can't live without. But I'll try most things if it promises perfection.

I'm normal.....Well, as normal as anyone is. I work hard, pursue my dreams and try really hard not to piss anyone off! 

Welcome to my world..... Lets begin!!

find me on Instagram @clarebarnes89 & twitter @NormalGuide

Today's quote: Don't change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.

Love CB x

No comments:

Post a Comment