Friday 20 July 2018

Honest Blogging






So, this wasn't my planned post for today. I'd started a post on Wednesday, basically saying how much I was struggling with life. I have a very hectic life; busy with work, my new blogging world and friends, family and all the usual stuff we have to juggle. Plus I'd been having a few emotional days where I was seriously missing my ex. This meant that I was hugely down in the dumps and was writing all about it.

However, I've woken up this morning and I'm feeling a bit better. Yes, I've still got deadlines coming out of my ears and my family want a piece of me. If you even mention the ex's name I still want to throw up. BUT, I don't feel like I'm sinking anymore. I'm feeling lighter and like, maybe, just maybe, things are going to be OK. Not overnight, but soon perhaps.

And this thought brings me back to today's post. The original was fully written and ready to go. But it just didn't feel right, as that's now not what I'm feeling. Having read it back, it kind of sounds quite dramatic, and a few days ago, that's exactly how I felt. But to put it out today kind of seems wrong. Like false advertising or something.

When I signed up to do this Blog thing, it was meant to be an honest account of how my life is. If that post had gone out 2 days ago, it would have been true, but not today. Today I feel like I can breathe properly for the first time in about 13 days. Things still aren't perfect, I know that and without wanting to sound like a break up bore the ex is on my mind; more so today, as today marks the start of the summer holidays here. The kids break up for six long weeks and as he was a teacher we also had six long weeks of adventures ahead of us. Those things obviously wont happen now and I do sometimes think it's the broken plan's you've made together that are the hardest to get over.

Planning different posts and the editor having an input is quite hard sometimes, as I really wanted this blog to be an escape for me. But I have a feeling that it's likely to end up having more of a diary feel to it. There's no point in ignoring the fact that I'm dealing with a huge break up in my life and I've no intention of pretending my life is completely perfect. Yes, I'm exceptionally lucky with a lot of things. But I want this to be an honest account of me and my life not some sugar coated conception that Mrs Editor has dreamed up.... Sorry Hun!
My social media accounts are all super honest already. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll see more of my day to day life. And the amount I actually shop.... it's wrong on many levels, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

So, this is basically me telling you all that, well, if I'm happy you'll get to hear about it. If I'm sad, you'll get to hear about it and if I've bought the most amazing pair of shoes you'll Definitely get to hear about it! I'd like you to get to know the real me and hopefully, in time I can get to know the real you too.

I hope that's OK.

Love CB xx

Today's Quote: 'To be true to yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.'


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm glad you are feeling better. Things never are perfect. Life isn't about having everything perfect. It's about enjoying it despite all the imperfections. If we try to make things perfect we will end up getting disappointing quite often. Let life happen. Don't worry about the plans that cannot happen anymore. Make new plans with people who love and value you.

    And yes it's okay to talk about your feelings. :)

    Feel better!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! It's amazing to know that people are reading the blog and supporting me. The advice it amazing too and gratefully received!
      xx

      Delete